Sunday, September 20, 2015

GOD'S CHARACTER!

DOES GOD CARE:

Habakkuk 1: 2,3, and 5.

O Lord, how long shall I cry for help and You will not hear? Or cry out to You if violence and You will not save?
Why do You show me iniquity and wrong, and Yourself look upon or cause me to see perverseness
and trouble?  For destruction and violence are before me; and there is strife, and contention arises.
Look around (you, Habakkuk replied the Lord) among the nations and see!  And be astonished!  Astounded!  For I am putting into effect a work in your days (such) that you would not believe it if it were told you.

I found this whole concept quite different from normal.  Of course, He cares, but I had never thought of this before. . .

"We need to trust HIS unchanging character."

Because, in every day life issues or events, we need to LOOK at our circumstances from the framework of God's character, instead of looking at God's character from the context of our circumstances. 

Certainly this will take some thought.  What is His character?  He is always unconditionally looking after us.  We are His property. He cries when we do, He laughs when we do.  We matter to Him.  He protects us, forgives us, has compassion for us, has loyalty for us, has integrity for us.  So, now put on paper what your prayer request, trial, or event is about.  We would need to say immediately, I know He cares for me, He gets mad and sad when we go through fire.  He comes down out of the heavens breathing fire.  (Read Psalm 18).  So, our fine line here is, that we have to know and have to trust, He will do everything to bring all things together for good in this situation I am in. 

I believe that a lot of times (as I have seen in clients) that we go to the trial, the event, the problem and we fester and stew over it.  Then we go to God and beg and plead and cry for him to help.
Why wouldn't He do something?  It may not be what we want, but it certainly be for our good no matter what.

No comments:

Post a Comment