Sunday, September 27, 2015

DON'T YOU JUST WANT TO . . . .

ASK JESUS IF YOU CAN SIT IN HIS LAP SOMETIMES?

The other morning, it was cold in the house and it was warm under the covers as I sat and read the Word, and prayed.  All I really wanted to do was just not make contact, or connect out there in my world.  It was still dark, quiet, warm there cuddled up and so I asked Jesus. . .Can I sit in your lap awhile, and I don't want my feet to touch the floor or any part of my worldly reality show.

You know of course, that He prepares devotionals to come at just the right day, right?

Psalm 5:1/3

Listen to my words, O Lord, give heed to my sighing and groaning.  Hear the soud of my cry, my King and my God, for to You do I pray.  In the morning You hear my voice, O Lord; in the morning I prepare (a prayer, a sacrifice) for You and watch and wait (for You to speak to my heart).

I wrote about that for a little while, and then felt completely ready to hippity hop out of bed and move into the day.  What I love most about our God is how He listens, and how He prepares us for everything.  God's Got It!  He let's us be little kids anytime we need to.  He let's us be weak anytime we need to, but then always strengthens us for the next wave that comes along.  There is a lot for us to do out there every single day.  Our family needs us, our friends need us, and sometimes strangers do.  Be ready.  Sit and Cuddle with the Lord every morning.  It makes you stronger for the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment