Sunday, July 21, 2013

GOD USES EVERYONE!

Joshua 2: 1/14

There is a lot to be seen and understood when you read this passage about Joshua who sent a couple of guys out to scout for the promised land.  They went in secret, but the King of Jericho got wind of their inquiry.  So he sent his men out to find them.  Now here is the interesting part of this story; Rahab a known prostitute offered her home as a hideout and lied to the authorities about whether they had been there or not.  So, number one, was is okay for her to lie?  And, why did a woman of her stature know these were men of God and what stirred within her to do this?

Verse 9, 10, and 11:  And she said to the en, I know that the Lord has given you the land and that your terror has fallen upon us and that all the inhabitants of the land faint because of you.  FOR WE HAVE HEARD HOW THE LORD DRIED UP THE WATER OF THE RED SEA for you when you came out of Egypt, and WHAT YOU DID TO THE TWO KINGS OF THE AMORITES who were on the (east) side of the Jordan, Sihon, and Og, WHOM YOU UTTERLY DESTROYED.  When we heard it, OUT HEARTS MELTED, neither did spirit or courage remain any more in any man because of you, for the Lord your God, He is God in heaven above and on earth beneath.  (Hebrews 11: 31)

Hebrews 11: 31 - (Prompted) by faith Rahab the prostitute was not destroyed along with those who refused to believe and obey, because she had received the spies in peace (without enmity).

So, we can do the math here, even though it can be debated forever. . ."When is it righteous to lie?"
God blessed it.  God used her.  God uses everyone, no matter what their condition.  Why?  Because she obeyed Him.  She was convicted, committed, and changed.  Hallelujah!

I remember when I came to the Lord and when some of that church leadership prayed with me, and I confessed the desire to serve the Lord in the church doing whatever.  I just want to help people where I was.  Can you imagine what could have been had I listened to this. . ."Oh, I don't think so Shirley, your husband isn't saved yet and God doesn't honor women in leadership roles here."  I left that church and the rest is history.  I went to Bible School on a dime, my husband wasn't happy, but I trusted the Lord.  I heard Him say He wanted me to help people, trust Him for John and be a leader.
I found the right churches for that, my husband led me to County Line, and I have done all that.
Not because I was some wonderful obedient, sinless child of His, but because I obeyed.  God uses everyone right where they are.

No comments:

Post a Comment