Saturday, January 7, 2012

NEW YEAR - NEW BEGINNINGS!!!

Feels like a long time since I wrote in here. Now that Logan and Ailsa have moved on to Ohio/Georgia, I can get some major things done.

It is a New Year! And, already it is different. We can drive anywhere we want and walk anywhere we want without boots or snow treads. The last two years I have worn out two sets of cletes on my boots each season. I am LOVING this! I don't agreement from several friends.

Well, I stayed up until midnight on New Year's Eve because I wanted to be sure that 2011 went away. Excessive, I admit, but it was fun.

My desire and commitments for 2012 are some the same, and a few different things. Prudence is one thing I want to develop. Better choices when choosing food is always a favorite. But, this year, I mean it. I find too many things don't like me, even when I eat them anyway. Done with that. For now, of course.

I found a scripture just before the end of December. I Cor. 15: 58 - Amplified version. I want to share it with you, because it just strikes a cord in every area of our life. I have broken it down so it is easier and more impacting. Spend some time looking at each area and making it real for your life and lifestyle.

I made it personal:

Therefore, Shirley - "BE FIRM" - (take firm prudent action about important issues
not only spiritual ones, but personal ones - no wishy washy stuff)
"BE (STEADFAST)" - Diligent, forthright, stable, consistent in your word and actions
"BE IMMOVABLE" - DO NOT let the enemy have access to your life. Do not accept his lies and distractions. Don't get caught up in his illusions/dillusions. Don't let people persuade you to delude the truth of Jesus Christ.
"ALWAYS - ABOUNDING in the work of the Lord." Whether you are a missionary or homemaker, doughnut hole maker, or business owner; get up in the morning, clean-up and dress. Do whatever you do all to the glory of the Lord.
"ALWAYS - BEING superior, ALWAYS excelling - doing more than enough in the service of the Lord. KNOWING and BEING" CONTINUALLY - CONTINUALLY - CONTINUALLY "Aware that your Labor in the Lord is not FUTILE! (It is never wasted OR to No Purpose!"

BE FIRM, BE STEADFAST, BE IMMOVABLE -
ALWAYS - ABOUNDING IN HIS WORK NO MATTER WHAT THAT IS -
ALWAYS BEING SUPERIOR AND EXCELLENT IN WHATEVER YOU DO-
BE AWARE THAT YOUR EFFORTS ARE NEVER FUTILE, AND EVEN IF YOU FEEL THEY ARE NOT GOOD, HE USES EVERYTHING! FOR HIS GOOD.

What a great way to start the year.

Happy New Year, everyone! And let us celebrate, that no matter what we face this year, we face it with the King of Glory.

No comments:

Post a Comment